Thank you for tuning in to “Christmas at the Cathedral,” presented by Catholic Charities and Cathedral Concerts!
We at Catholic Charities of St. Louis are grateful for the generous outpouring earlier this year– from longtime supporters and new ones – especially in response to the economic devastation associated with COVID-19.
We expect that after most of us return to something close to our old routines, our poor and vulnerable brothers and sisters will continue to suffer from the pandemic’s ripple effects. But with the grace of God and continued support for our mission, we will be there to accompany them on that journey.
A gift from you today to our Christmas Campaign is appreciated! Whether or not you are able to give at this time, enjoy this wonderful concert. I hope it fills you with the spirit of Christmas and prepares your heart for a most blessed Advent season!
AN IMPACT SNAPSHOT
Thanks to generous donors, Catholic Charities of St. Louis is one of the largest social services providers in the metro area and in Missouri, providing help and hope to those who are most vulnerable and in need.
Catholic Charities of St. Louis has been helping people in need since 1912. Organized today as a federation of eight agencies, we serve the 11 counties within the Archdiocese of St. Louis. Together we are working to build stronger communities, one person at a time.
- 107,119 benefitted from Catholic Charities Federation services.
- 52.8% of people we served lived below the federal poverty line ($25,750 for a family of four).
- 16,287 children were served directly through foster care, residential placements, counseling, after-school programs, and other services.
- 127,651 meals were served to people who are poor and hungry.
- 770 clients assisted with employment services including job preparation, job search, job training.
- 4,931 older adults were housed, fed, counseled, or received some other services.
- 1,162 veterans received legal, counseling, housing, and other supportive services